PDA

View Full Version : MRI Abnormalties found

bsahopper
23-10-07, 01:28 AM
My doctor called me today to inform me that my MRI did not show any tumors or masses (which is fantastic!) however, he said it showed abnormalties yet couldn't tell me over the phone. He did mention some inflamation....any ideas?? I was diagnosed with BPPV on 10-3-07 and have dizziness and pressure in my right ear...it has put me out of work and I am extremely frustrated. I know that I'm not alone and was hoping to get some feedback.

bplturner
23-10-07, 03:00 AM
Probably just means you have the inflammation of some of the inner cranial nerves. This is probably not a big deal, but I am not a doctor, either.

bsahopper
23-10-07, 03:06 AM
I would hope this is true.. I guess I was hoping for answers...Doctors forget that patients worry and don't want to wait.

I will have to wait until Friday to find out...

Pamela
23-10-07, 10:07 AM
Hi MJH,

I know it's hard not to worry but you should take comfort in the fact that he didn't tell you to go straight to the hospital or that he wanted to see you immediately the day he got your results.
In the meantime stay in touch here and you never know, there may be other members who had similar results.

xxx

Agnes
23-10-07, 10:09 AM
Hi MJH

I have answered your post in the introductions section where all the welcome posts are. have a read of it and i hope it helps settle your nerves a bit. chin up, you are not alone. good luck. let us know how you get on.

bsahopper
24-10-07, 03:56 AM
Thanks for all of the support! I received another unexpected call today from my primary care doctor and he wants to see me tomorrow about my MRI results. My ENT still wants to see me friday to go over the results as well and perform the Epley Maneuver...I am looking forward to anything that will help me other than doping me up with meds.. I had another bad spell on Saturday..the type of spinning that makes your knees buckle and the next thing you know, your on the floor. This continued on throughout the day until I finally took some meds to calm it down. I did the exercises my ENT recommended, however, it didn't help. In the meantime, I am having my co-worker drive me to back and forth to work (just so I can try to get back to some type of normal life again) and getting through my dizzy spells at work one at a time. It has been almost 3 weeks now and I haven't slept, am extremely fatigued and frustrated. After reading this forum, it has encouraged me to not give in to this disorder and fight it every step of the way. Again, thanks for the support!!!

pamels
24-10-07, 09:57 PM
Keeps us posted on your visit. We are all in this together!!!
Pam3

bsahopper
25-10-07, 01:11 AM
Went to my primary doctor today and he said that the MRI showed inflamation in my inner ear....I didn't write down the medical terms only because he said he would send me home with a copy of my MRI report...it wasn't until I got home that I realized he gave me my lab reports and not my MRI report. Anyways, he said that I have Vestibular Neuritis (which I kinda figured based on the symptoms..at least from what I found on this Forum and the Inet). He still wants me to see a neuroligist only because there is something showing on the lower portion of my brain that he seems to think is benign and said that the neurologist will review it to make sure it is something that I do not need to be concerned with. He said that it is really common and most of the time people do not know they have it until they need an MRI for other symptoms. I left his office with some relief....I go for my Epley on Friday and am hopeful that it will help me. I will see my neurologist on the 9th... Physically, I feel better today...still have some lightheadedness and spinning from time to time, but I do have a little more energy today. I am hoping that I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Pamela
25-10-07, 09:57 AM
Hi MJH,

That's great news, you must be very relieved. Hopefully the Epley Manoeuvre will sort you out tomorrow.

xxx

pamels
25-10-07, 03:18 PM
I am curious about the MRI. I had a Brain MRI with contrast and they said nothing about my ear. Do Brain MRI's always include the ear, or does the Doc have to specifically write the request to include the inner ear?????? I didn't so much mind the Brain MRI, but didn't want to have another one, but would if they could see my inner ear....please let me know.

Pam3

Luckybob
26-10-07, 10:24 PM
Hi Everyone

I have been reading this thread and just wanted to say to Pamelas, I had my MRI yesterday and the Radiographer took a scan of my whole head which took around 25 minutes. This included my ears and brain. My ENT consultant sent me for an MRI as he said my CT scan was not detailed enough but he specified the whole head as he was not sure it was my ears causing it, hence the whole head scan.

Also MJH best of luck to you with everything and apologies for interupting on your post! I hope you do find the light at the end of your tunnel very soon!

Regards

Wendy

bsahopper
29-10-07, 05:04 AM
To answer Luckybob&#39;s post...my ENT ordered an MRI for my brain, inner ear and brain stem..(at least this is what was written on the MRI order). I had the epley done on friday and do not feel any different yet. He told me to give it a week or so and if I don&#39;t feel better, to come back in. Also, he referred me to a neurologist..he said my MRI mentioned a probable Chiari 1 malformation. He told me not to stress about it only because it is very common and people usually don&#39;t know they have it until they have an MRI for other symptoms. I googled this and found that it is a cyst on the spinal cord?!? Has anyone heard of this? It also comes with a long list of symptoms which I only have a few...dizziness, nausea, chronic fatigue and headaches. These symptoms are the same for bppv and vestibular neuritis. He did say that the vestibular neuritis moved to my left ear (orignally my symptoms were on the right)...I didn&#39;t know it could move..http://www.dizzytimes.com/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif I am still dizzy whenever I move my head..it&#39;s driving me insane! I can only wish there was a cure for this to get all of us back to normal! I wish everyone the best and appreciate the feedback!