PDA

View Full Version : Fast Head Movements

comeandrelax
24-02-08, 09:17 AM
im improving with VRT but i still get dizzy when i move my head from side to side too fast. anyone else get this? and if so how do you get rid of it?? thanks guys. i hope everyone is doing well on their road to recovery

Gillie Beanie
24-02-08, 07:10 PM
comeandrelax

If I turn my head too fast in one direction, I keep going! :biggrin: It's not unheard of for me to end up grabbing people or objects to stop me from eating carpet or paving slabs!

I'm hoping my VRT will resolve that problem for me, but my treatment's on hold at the moment until my stress, anxiety and depression is under control.

I'd be interested in other people's experiences for this one!

schmoo72
25-02-08, 07:08 AM
Fast head movements is one of my biggest problems.

My physio has designed my VRT to address this though and things are getting slowly better.

Just have to keep at it ! :girl_cray:

comeandrelax
25-02-08, 07:13 AM
ive been told to just work up slowly. turn it fast 10 times and see how i feel and then when that gets easy do it 15 and so on

schmoo are these similar to yours?

schmoo72
25-02-08, 10:06 AM
I have to move my head from left to right and back while focussing my eyes on a post-it in front of me. I have to try to do it for 2 mins ... am still building up to that! Feel very sick afterwards but I have noticed that my head movements are getting more natural now as I used to walk around as if my neck wouldn't move.

She's then told me to try doing it with the post-it stuck on a busy background (I've had it stuck on the tv). That makes me REALLY sick but then I guess that means it's working!

chris
25-02-08, 10:58 AM
i did all the VRT stuff for this but really all i got was my sore neck was worse.
but i did keep it up for months really

i try and not turn my head fast when i am standing. driving is ok for me.
as an exercise i turn my head slowly to the side as i walk, to as far as i can without actually tipping over, or without my head sort of involuntarily coming back without me telling it to

this means that crossing a busy street is a precarious job.
for this, one needs that fast head turning ability.
i live on a busy street and i am still alive and the dog hasnt been run over either ........so just take your time and it will happen.
it is sort of scary isnt it?

Ali_Jayne
26-02-08, 10:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'>I have to move my head from left to right and back while focussing my eyes on a post-it in front of me. I have to try to do it for 2 mins ... am still building up to that! Feel very sick afterwards but I have noticed that my head movements are getting more natural now as I used to walk around as if my neck wouldn&#39;t move.

She&#39;s then told me to try doing it with the post-it stuck on a busy background (I&#39;ve had it stuck on the tv). That makes me REALLY sick but then I guess that means it&#39;s working![/b]</div>

My physio got me doing the exact same thing, at first it made me really nauseous and dizzy to the extreme! But i kept at it, and after a couple weeks it started to help things a little!

Esther
26-02-08, 12:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris @ Feb 25 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=48532)</div><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'>i did all the VRT stuff for this but really all i got was my sore neck was worse.
but i did keep it up for months really

i try and not turn my head fast when i am standing. driving is ok for me.
as an exercise i turn my head slowly to the side as i walk, to as far as i can without actually tipping over, or without my head sort of involuntarily coming back without me telling it to

this means that crossing a busy street is a precarious job.
for this, one needs that fast head turning ability.
i live on a busy street and i am still alive and the dog hasnt been run over either ........so just take your time and it will happen.
it is sort of scary isnt it?[/b]</div>

Seconded