They say that misery loves company and if you or someone you know is suffering from vertigo then you know just what misery is. Vertigo is one of the most misunderstood symptoms out there and while it is typically a side effect of another illness, infection or condition it can feel like a serious condition in and of itself. While it will not provide a cure for your vertigo symptoms, sometimes knowing that other people are dealing with this serious condition can help provide a sense of relief.
With this ins mind, here is a list of some very famous people who also suffer from vertigo and how they have struggled with this symptom.
- Janet Jackson- The world-famous singer and performer has had a long battle with vertigo and even had to postpone nine of her shows in 2008 when her symptoms got so bad, she was unable to perform.
- LeBron James- Often hailed as the best basketball player of this generation, LeBron James may seem invincible, but he still can succumb to the effects of vertigo. According to the basketball star, he suffers from BPPV, which causes his vertigo.
- Kristin Chenoweth- Pint-sized actress Kristin Chenoweth is one of the most talented performers in the industry. She also suffers from Meniere’s disease which leaves her with spells of vertigo from time-to-time.
- Vincent van Gogh- While it is not entirely possible to get an accurate diagnosis at this point, many believe that Vincent van Gough suffered from vertigo because of a case of tinnitus, which also causes hearing issues and a ringing sensation in the ear.
- Nicolas Cage- He may be one of the most famous actors in the world, but he still has had several setbacks after dealing with bouts of vertigo.
- Peggy Lee- Known for her performances in films like The Curios Case of Benjamin Button and American Beauty, the late Peggy Lee was known for her acting talent and her stunning jazz voice. She also suffered from Meniere’s disease, an inner ear condition that causes extreme vertigo in many.
- Ryan Adams- Rock musician Ryan Adams also suffers from Meniere’s disease and extreme vertigo as a result of this inner-ear infection. His case of vertigo got so bad, he actually had to take a break from performing for two years.
Vertigo is not something to be taken lightly. Even major celebrities have had struggles in their careers because of their battle with vertigo. It can leave many people bed-ridden nauseous and unable to continue life as they want to. If you or someone you love is suffering from vertigo, the good news is that many people, including these celebrities have found ways to help lessen the severity of this condition so that they can find some ease from their vertigo pain.